As you get older, are you thinking about moving to a smaller home that’s easier to take care of and manage?
Here are 9 ways a Veltri Realtors Sales Associate will make your home buying or selling experience better.
1. Your Veltri Sales Associate can help you determine your buying power — that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give us some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, we can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders — banks and mortgage companies — offer limited choices.
2. Your Veltri Sales Associate has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
3. Your Veltri Sales Associate can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Our sales associates have access to a variety of informational resources. We can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you’ll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Your Veltri Sales Associate can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your Veltri sales associate can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Your Veltri Sales Associate provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your Veltri sales associate can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your sales associate, title company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. Your Veltri Sales Associate can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your Veltri Sales Associate can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your Veltri Sales Associate can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Your Veltri Sales Associate can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your Veltri Sales Associate is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).